Making Math Meaningful - A Source Book for Teaching Grades 1-5Jamie York
The Making Math Meaningful: A Source Book for Teaching Math in Grades One Through Five covers the following:
|Principles of Waldorf education||Working with “struggling” students|
|Will our children be prepared?||Golden rules for teaching math|
|Topics in the math classroom||Ideas for manipulatives, movement, main lesson books, etc.|
|The art of teaching math|
What makes this Waldorf math book different from other math books for Waldorf teachers?
1. Detailed curriculum guidelines for first through fifth grade.
2. Overview of child development in each grade.
3. Specific ideas for every math main lesson.
4. Step-by-step progressions for learning the arithmetic facts, times table, basic
addition, and subtraction, long multiplication and long division, etc.
5. General ideas and suggestions for teaching math successfully in the lower grades.
Jamie York Press